ILLiad Services for Online/Distance students
Any currently enrolled Loyola student living outside the metro area can use ILLiad to request materials the library owns. This service is also available to students who live in the New Orleans metro area who are isolating or quarantining. Please note that you will need the item mailed to you in your request. It is your responsibility to make sure the address in ILLiad is up-to-date.
- If you find a citation for a book that the Monroe Library has, please request it through ILLiad. We will mail the book at no cost to you; the charge for mailing the book back is your responsibility and you can use Media Mail or Library Book rate.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, students within the US may request books from other libraries be mailed to them, if they are outside the metro area or are quarantining/isolating. Use ILLiad to make a book request, and note that you will need the item mailed to you. Please note that this process can take three weeks. The charge for mailing the book back to the Monroe Library is your responsibility, and you can use Media Mail or Library Book rate.
- No more than five Monroe Library books are sent out to a student at a time. Books are sent via UPS Second Day Air once the request has been processed.
Article and book chapters:
- While our stacks are closed to the public, we will scan an article or book chapter owned by the library and send it to you electronically. Make these requests through ILLiad.
- Distance and Online Students can also request articles and book chapters that the library does not own; request these items through ILLiad as normal.