Borrowing Procedures & Policies
Please review the library borrowing policies below.
Note: Undergraduate students have a limit of 25 checkouts at a time. The honors and graduate student limit is 50 checkouts at a time.
|Book, Music Score||6 weeks||semester||6 weeks||6 weeks|
|CD, LP, Kit||6 weeks||semester||6 weeks||6 weeks|
|Group Study Room||6 hours||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Laptop||semester request through BIT report||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Phone Charger||1 day||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Laptop Charger||1 day||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Whiteboard Markers||6 hours||N/A||N/A||N/A|
* includes community borrowers ($125/year), Loyola alumni, Emeritus faculty, and CALL/TULU/LORB reciprocal borrowing programs.
The library sends automated overdue notices as a courtesy. Borrowers are charged overdue fines (see table below) if materials are not returned or renewed before the due date. Renew items by phone 504-864-7111 or online.
|Overdue Fines||Replacement Fee for Lost Item||Maximum Charged|
|Book, Music Score||$0.25 per day||$35.00*||$65.00|
|CD, LP, Kit||$0.25 per day||$35.00*||$65.00|
|DVD unrestricted (green dot)||$1.00 per day||$35.00*||$65.00|
|DVD restricted (red dot)||$1.00 per day||cost of replacement||$30.00 + cost of replacement|
|Group Study Room||$2.00 per hour||$50.00|
|WiFi Hotspot||$1.00 per day||$50.00||$65.00|
|Headphones||$1.00 per day||$35.00||$40.00|
|Laptop||$11.00 per day||cost of replacement||$240.00 + cost of replacement|
|Calculator||$5.00 per day||TI-83/TI-84: $175.00, TI-30: $50.00||TI-83/TI-84: $225.00, TI-30: $85|
|Phone Charger||$1.00 per day||cost of replacement||$15.00 + cost of replacement|
|Laptop Charger||$5.00 per day||$100.00||$125.00|
|Whiteboard Markers||$0.25 per day||$5.00||$10.00|
|Flashdrive||$1.00 per day||$15.00||$30.00|
|Locker||$5.00 per day||$35.00||$85.00|
*additional $15.00 processing fee applies
Loyola students and staff with overdue fees of $15.00 or more will not be allowed to checkout or renew materials until the balance is paid. For other borrowers the limit is $5.00 in overdue fees.
If you think you have lost something please communicate with Evonne Lawrence as soon as possible to prevent further fines.
If an item becomes 35 days overdue the item is considered lost and the borrower is charged the cost of replacing the item in addition to the accumulated overdue fines. Charges for lost items will appear on student finance records 35 days past the due date.
Replacement fees for physical books, scores, CDs, DVDs, or other information resources will be refunded if the materials are returned within one year of being charged. For laptops, no refunds will be provided 60 days after the borrower has been charged the replacement fee.
The Monroe Library supports several reciprocal borrowing agreements that grant the Loyola community borrowing privileges at other libraries. To obtain a borrowing card for the appropriate program come to the Learning Commons desk with your current Loyola I.D.
- TU/LU (Tulane University/Loyola University Reciprocal Borrowing Program) provides undergraduate students borrowing privileges at:
- Tulane's Howard-Tilton Memorial Library
- CALL (The Council on Academic Libraries Liaison) provides faculty and graduate students borrowing privileges at participating New Orleans-area academic libraries, including:
- University of New Orleans
- Xavier University
- Dillard University
- New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- Nunez Community College
- Southern University at New Orleans
- Tulane University
- Delgado Community College
- Our Lady of Holy Cross College
- LOUIS Reciprocal Borrower's Card provides faculty, and in some cases graduate students, borrowing privileges at participating Louisiana academic libraries. Full list of libraries with information on who is eligible at each library (PDF).
- PASSPORT (Jesuit Library Passport Program) provides faculty borrowing privileges at all 28 Jesuit institutions in the United States.
If you would like to request the library purchase a book, DVD, or other type of item for the collection, please fill out the general request for purchase form. The subject area liaison will determine if the item would be an appropriate addition to the collection. This form is intended to be used by current Loyola students, faculty, and staff to request materials for academic purposes. Self-promotional requests will not be acknowledged.
If you are a graduate of Loyola University New Orleans and wish to borrow physical materials (books, CDs, LPs, & music scores) from the Monroe Library, please contact Evonne Lawrence to ensure first that your contact information is up to date. Alumni do not have access from off campus to Monroe Library's electronic resources.