Equipment Reservations Policies + Fines
Susan is available to answer any questions you have regarding the library's equipment reservations policies or fines.
- All equipment is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Media Services must be contacted at least two business days prior
to equipment check-out.
- A request for equipment does not necessarily mean the equipment
is reserved. If the requested equipment is available, users will
receive an email confirmation. Only at this point is the equipment
reserved for their use.
- Regarding equipment deliveries, Media Services can only leave equipment
in a classroom if the instructor is there. If the instructor is more
than 15 minutes late, the equipment will be removed, and will not
be delivered again to that class that day.
- Equipment may be checked out for up to twenty-four hours. Extended Loan laptops may be checked out for up
to two weeks (faculty and staff only).
- Equipment may be used only by members of the Loyola community.
- It is expected that equipment will be treated with exceptional
care. If equipment is returned to Media Services in faulty condition,
the borrower or his/her department will be held responsible for repair
or replacement. If the equipment is not returned at all, the borrower
will be held responsible for its replacement. Equipment may be returned to the Learning Commons desk in the event Media Services is closed.
- The overdue fine for all equipment is $25.00 per day. Replacement
fees for damaged or unreturned equipment are determined by the replacement
cost of the equipment.