Equipment Reservations Policies + Fines
- All equipment is reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Equipment requests must be made at least two business days prior to equipment check-out.
- A request for equipment does not mean that the equipment is reserved. If the equipment is available, the requester will receive an email confirmation. Only after the confirmation is sent is the equipment reserved.
- Equipment may be checked out for up to twenty-four hours. Extended Loan laptops may be checked out for up to two weeks (faculty and staff only).
- Equipment may be used only by members of the Loyola community for academic purposes.
- Regarding equipment deliveries, Media Services can only leave equipment in a classroom if the instructor is there. If the instructor is more than 15 minutes late, the equipment will be removed, and will not be delivered again to that class that day.
- It is expected that equipment will be treated with exceptional care. If equipment is returned to Media Services in faulty condition, the borrower or his/her department will be held responsible for repair or replacement. If the equipment is not returned at all, the borrower will be held responsible for its replacement. Equipment may be returned to the Learning Commons desk in the event Media Services is closed.
- The overdue fines for all equipment are as follows. Replacement fees for damaged or unreturned equipment are determined by the replacement cost of the equipment.
OVERDUE FINES per day:
audio mixer, computer, digital projector, digital audio recorder (Zoom), PA system, screen, still camera, video camera, wireless projection device
conference phone, graphics tablet, microphone, any player (Blu-ray, VHS, etc.), any non-digital projector (overhead, etc.), tripod
all cables and adaptors, easel, flip chart, hard drive, laser pointer, speakers, small voice recorder