Faculty Research Study Rooms
The Monroe Library offers seven research study rooms and one collaborative study room available for use by full-time Loyola faculty who are engaged in research projects and special class preparation for one semester.
Research study rooms are in very high demand. Priority will be given to:
- Projects that require the use of library resources to improve faculty research and student success
- First-time applications
- Full-time, tenure-track faculty who are in their junior years of service at the university and are engaged in research, course development, and other projects that facilitate scholarship, teaching and learning at Loyola
- Full-time, tenured faculty engaged in research, course development, and other projects that facilitate scholarship, teaching and learning at Loyola
- Faculty currently inconvenienced by Monroe Hall renovations
- Visiting and extraordinary faculty
- Depending on availability, the library will consider applications from graduate and honors students who are working on a thesis or other major projects that necessitate the use of library resources. Graduate and honors students must complete an application form that is signed by their thesis or academic advisor and department chair.
- A key to the research study room will be checked out to approved individuals for one semester.
- Research study rooms not used at least six times each month will be reassigned.
- Research studies are not automatically renewed; a new application must be submitted each semester for approval.
- Library materials used in the study must be checked out to the user.
- Research study rooms can only be used during regular library hours.
- Research study rooms are not awarded for the purpose of providing an alternative to a departmental office.
- The lost key replacement fee is $35.
A completed application must be signed by the applicant's dean and department chair.
Please send completed forms to: Deborah Poole, Dean of Libraries, Monroe Library, Box 198, email@example.com.
Download application -- (requires Adobe PDF Reader).