INFORMATION RESOURCES LIBRARIAN, MONROE LIBRARY, LOYOLA UNIVERSITY NEW ORLEANS. The J. Edgar & Louise S. Monroe Library is seeking an energetic, creative, analytical and user-focused Information Resources Librarian.
Functions as Information Resources Librarian:
- coordinate development, management and assessment of the library’s print and electronic monograph collections as an active member of the Information Resources Team.
- lead the Stacks Maintenance Team to create a successful user experience in the use of the library’s physical collections and for optimum use of library spaces; lead projects associated with physical collections.
- monitor and analyze information resources budgets and endowments associated with print and e-book collections.
Functions as a Library Faculty Member:
- Serve as a liaison to one or more academic departments
- Promote and participate in the library instruction program. Work with faculty members to incorporate information literacy into assignments, courses, and programs. Contribute to curriculum revisions, including the scaffolding of information literacy goals. Develop opportunities to participate in intensive instruction.
- Collect materials that support the curriculum.
- Build relationships with the faculty members through outreach and collaborations.
- Provide research and technology assistance and instruction in the Learning Commons, through appointments and consultations, and in courses
- Serve on library teams and university committees.
- Fulfill expectations for promotion and tenure. Show a pattern of growth and development in librarianship, teaching, scholarship and service.
- ALA-accredited MLS;
- demonstrated interest in working with scholarly collections;
- minimum of one year of experience with acquisitions, collection development, or publishing; demonstrated knowledge of major trends in scholarly publishing;
- strong commitment to responsive and innovative service;
- ability to balance varied responsibilities;
- highly motivated and organized, with excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and writing skills;
- clear evidence of ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with faculty, staff, and students;
- demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- comfort with the use of technology for selection and purchase of materials, and for data analysis;
- skills and experience in project planning and implementation in a service environment; dedication to teaching, learning, and student achievement and success.
- Experience with work in an academic setting.
- Background in cataloging or a working knowledge of MARC and RDA
- Knowledge of copyright issues, fair use, open acccess, and other copyright issues that pertain to an academic library
Loyola University’s Monroe Library is located on a beautiful campus in uptown New Orleans, facing Audubon Park and the historic streetcar line. Loyola University is a Catholic institution that emphasizes the Jesuit tradition of educating the whole person.
This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track faculty position with 20 days of vacation and competitive benefits package including TIAA-CREF. Appointment will be at the Assistant Professor level ($46,500 minimum, salary commensurate with qualifications). For full job description, go to http://library.loyno.edu/jobs/irlib.pdf Email letter of application, resume and 3 references with contact information by September 22, 2014 to: Laurie Phillips, Associate Dean for Technical Services, email@example.com. Submissions must be submitted in .pdf or MS Word format. Loyola University is an AA, EOE.