The Monroe Library complies with Loyola University’s Policy on Responsible Use of University Computing Resources:
- Ensure wise use of library & campus resources
- Reduce waste
- Trouble-shoot and maintain printers more quickly
- Promote responsible printing
What is responsible printing?
- Think before you ink! Use print preview to double check your work and ensure that you’re only printing what you need.
- The printing of articles, reserve materials, papers, notes, and other work that supports Loyola course assignments, academic projects, and research are permitted. It is not permitted to print entire e-books. E-books may be accessed remotely from your home computer.
- When printing PowerPoint slides, please print multiple slides per page. Users should also use black text on a white background. For instructions on how to responsibly print PowerPoint presentations.
- The printing of handouts, flyers, invitations, advertisements, and announcements is not permitted under any circumstances. Users who wish to print multiple copies of any document may make photocopies or visit Print Services in Room 236 of Monroe Hall. Multiple copies are not permitted.
- Printing is available to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff. Alumni—including recent graduates—do not have access to printing.
Thank you for partnering with us to help achieve our goals for responsible printing in the Monroe Library.