Children who are not enrolled in approved University classes or activities may not be left alone anywhere on campus. The safety and security of children is very important and is the responsibility of the parent or adult caregiver. Library staff cannot assume responsibility for children when they are left unattended in the library.
- A child not yet in high school must be under the direct supervision of a parent or adult caregiver at all times while in the library.
- A parent or adult caregiver must monitor all activities and behavior of their children while they are in the library.
- A parent or other adult caregiver is responsible for any damage to property done by the child.
- Library computers are restricted to use by enrolled students, faculty, and staff.
- If a child is left unattended in the library, staff will notify Loyola University Police.
- Printable Version [pdf]