University Library Committee
- Dean of Libraries
- One member of the Ordinary Faculty from each of the three undergraduate colleges and three members from the College of Humanities and Natural Sciences appointed by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- One student member nominated by the Student Government Association and approved by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- The faculty members shall serve three-year staggered terms.
- The student member serves a renewable, one-year term.
- This Committee has the responsibility to advise the Dean of Libraries and the faculty and staff of the Monroe Library on matters of general policy, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- It shall act as liaison between faculty members and library personnel in order to promote better understanding of common problems.
- It shall promote among faculty members and students more effective use of library facilities, services, and resources.
- It shall keep itself fully informed on library interests and priorities.
- It shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Dean of Libraries and as liaison between the library staff and the University Senate, the Standing Council for Academic Planning, and the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- It shall meet on a regular basis during the academic year at the call of the Chairperson.
- It shall report to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs through the Dean of Libraries.
- Mary Lee Sweat, Dean of Libraries, Chair and Secretary
- Kiva Keiser, Student Government Association representative
- Leslie Parr, College of Social Sciences
- Thom Spence, College of Humanities and Natural Sciences
- Karen Arnold, College of Business Administration
- Artemis Preeshl, College of Music and Fine Arts